The Options for this game can be accessed via the main menu or in-game after pressing ESC. Once you have chosen your options, click on "Save options" to save your changes and return to the main menu. There are 4 sub-categories.
The screen resolution can only be changed by editing the parameters in "towns.ini" which is located in the main Towns directory.
- Toggle full-screen - Clicking this will switch the game between fullscreen mode and windowed mode
Currently, there is no way to increase or decrease the volume of the audio.
- Music ON/OFF - Toggles background music. There are two BGM music tracks: one for the main menu and one in-game. 
- FX ON/OFF - Toggles sound effects such as clicking, mining, eating, dying and any other in-game sounds.
- Mouse scroll ON/OFF - Toggles the ability to navigate around the map by placing the cursor on the edge of the screen.
- Allow mouse scroll while hovering the edge buttons ON/OFF - Disabling this option will block the "mouse scroll" ability when the cursor is on one of the panel buttons.
- Newly built stockpiles/containers have all items disabled by default ON/OFF - Every option of any new stockpile or container can either be set to enable or disable. (RECOMMENNDED ON)
- Pause the game when it starts ON/OFF - When starting a new game or continuing from a save, the state of the game can be on pause if this option is on.
- Autosave DISABLED/1-10 day(s) - The current game can be saved periodically according to the number of in-game days. Maximum autosave time is 10 in-game days.
- Sieges Disabled/Easy/Normal/Hard/Insane - Enables/Disables the chance of sieges appearing or alter its difficulty. Useful if your main goal is to build and thrive, and less focus is on combat.
- Pause the game when a siege starts ON/OFF - When a siege arrives to your town, the game can be paused automatically if this option is on. This helps in detecting a siege and preparing against it.
- This option allows you to set the CPU usage for path finding.
- You can choose from 1-6 (1 being lower for weaker PC's and 6 being higher for stornger PC'S)
- 2 is default
NOTE: You cannot change the language via the ESC menu in-game.
- English - The default language.
- Spanish - Most likely the language the developers speak.
- Music is by Evilpooley: http://www.townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4226&p=32035#p32035